Who is IV Solutions RX?
IV Solutions RX is an independent pharmacy that provides specialty home infusion medications and comprehensive support to help patients treat and manage complex health conditions. The complexity of these conditions, treatment procedures, and medications require a high level of care that include consultation, education, collaboration with a specialist, and constant support to ensure the patient’s treatments have the best chance of success.
Throughout the United States, people have chosen IV Solutions RX because of our:
- Easy referral process. We make it easy for your doctor and you to communicate with us.
- Ability to manage your insurance company’s required preapproval authorization process.
- Caring and highly qualified team of professionals are available for you anytime, any day. When you call IV Solutions RX, you will talk with a real person, not an answering machine.
- Medication supply is reliable and consistent. We have the medication, supplies, and nursing required to treat your complex condition.
- Precision and accuracy throughout the delivery process. We manage every aspect of your specialty medication therapy from delivery to administration.
- Comprehensive financial assistance knowledge that we can use on your behalf to try to minimize your personal financial burden from the therapy.
- Ability to provide medications almost everywhere. We currently have Pharmacy licenses in 48 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Proven years of experience in specialty pharmacy
IV Solutions RX was founded by healthcare industry veterans with over 70 years of combined experience in direct patient care. Your IV Solutions care team has demonstrated their exemplary patient care skills at some of the nation’s largest hospitals and specialty home infusion companies. They’ve also worked at smaller, regionally focused companies. They’ve worked across all aspects of specialty home infusion as pharmacists, nurses, department managers, senior managers, general managers, and company presidents. Your patient care team brings the benefits of that broad experience to help work together with your physician and you on a personalized care plan designed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
How can IV Solutions RX help me manage my condition?
Managing complex health conditions isn’t just about taking the right medication. Complex conditions require combination treatment plans that are tailored specifically for you, the individual patient. This plan includes advice and assistance, ongoing follow up, and support. Along with your physician, we help manage your condition every step of the way so that you can reach your optimal health and maximize your quality of life. Our goal for you assure you receive the right medication with the right dose at the right time.
What services does IV Solutions RX provide for patients?
We offer a range of services including:
- Comprehensive financial assistance and payment coordination. We are in direct communication with your insurance company and financial assistance organizations to help minimize whenever possible, the potential financial burdens from your therapy.
- Free, timely, and compliant medication deliveries directly to the patient.
- Close monitoring and regular follow-ups with the patient and their prescribing physician to help achieve optimal therapy outcomes.
- Providing a team of trained experts round the clock that can provide patient education, consultation and training on the patient’s medication, its intended use, its benefits, its side effects, its administration, and the proper disposal of medical waste. We’re here to assist with any other problems or concerns the patient may have in their daily life throughout the patient’s treatment.
How do I receive my medication?
IV Solutions RX delivers medications straight to our patient’s doors in strict compliance with the medication manufacturer’s requirements and our internal quality controls. From the moment we receive the prescription from your doctor, we obtain all the necessary information and authorizations including Prior Authorization from your insurance company so that you receive your medications as timely and seamlessly as possible.
If I have a problem with my medication or treatment plan, can IV Solutions RX help?
Yes, we can. You can call one of our expert clinical pharmacists at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-844-650-5802. We are always available to assist you with any problem or concern you may have. We are happy to hear from you and welcome your active participation and communication throughout your treatment.
How long will it take for me to receive my medication?
We are committed to delivering your medication as quickly as possible. Our system allows for quick processing times with guaranteed receipt of prescriptions and immediate auto confirmation from our system. We have an experienced logistics department that expertly uses national, regional, local and our own courier services to deliver you the right medication at the right time. Exact delivery times may vary on a case-by-case basis depending on the delivery requirements of the medication itself, the insurance authorization process, and other details. We will always let you know the expected delivery time of your medication and supplies.
How do I reorder my medication?
Reordering your medication is as easy as calling one of our pharmacists or your patient care coordinator at 1-844-650-5802 or ordering the authorized refill online using our Prescription Refill form found on our website at www.ivsolutionsrx.com.
How does IV Solutions RX protect my confidential patient information?
We ensure your patient information is always accurate, up-to-date, and maintained in a digitally secure, HIPAA compliant manner. We believe that patient therapy success is greatly aided by the easy access and flow of information. To facilitate that we utilize a proven online system that provides all the patient information your physician needs to monitor and control your treatment including patient prescriptions, side effects, problems, concerns, changes in daily routine, circumstances, and more.
Can IV Solutions RX help me with my insurance or financial aid?
Yes, we can. IV Solutions RX coordinates with your doctor and insurance provider on your behalf. If you have a prescription that requires insurance authorization, we will manage that pre approval process for you. Authorization means that the insurance company needs to review the medication prior to offering coverage. That may require IV Solutions RX and your doctor’s office to submit certain laboratory results and clinical assessments that appropriately document your need for the prescribed medication.
For patients without insurance or who require other financial assistance, we offer the expertise of our dedicated specialists who work with a network of financial aid assistance organizations, funds, charities, and manufacturer co-pay assistance plans that may be able to provide needed assistance.
What hours are you available if I need to speak with someone?
Communication is critical when it comes to specialty medications and treatment. We are always glad to hear from you. At IV Solutions RX, there is always someone available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If your problem has to do with your insurance, we may need to follow up within the available work hours of the insurance company to try to get a resolution.
What can I expect from my nurse?
Your Nurse will:
- thoroughly wash their hands upon arrival
- explain your infusion therapy to you
- check your Blood Pressure and Temperature every 15 mins in the first hour
- check your Blood Pressure and Temperature at every infusion rate change
- check your Blood Pressure and Temperature every hour after the first hour
- not leave you alone more than a few minutes
- not ask you to finish the hydration yourself or flush your own line
- expect the patient to report any issues with their services
- act professionally and knowledgeably
- be understanding and compassionate
- answer your appropriate questions or find out those answers for you
- not stick you more than 2 times without contacting their supervisor
- use the pump provided for the infusion if your infusion requires a pump
- not brings guests into your home other than occasionally, with your permission, a fellow company supervisory employee
- not run the infusion faster than the rate sheet or the rate indicated by your symptoms
- not conduct any other business other than that related to your home infusion therapy
- want you to tell them how you are feeling